rena's retail adventure

on the road to having a real live storefront, and what she found there.

11.28.2006

Exhausted

Ok...it's not even December and I am wiped out this year. It's the web sales. But I bet if it wasn't the web sales, it would be worrying if people will buy stuff. It's always something.

Today we packed up 26 boxes. When the backordered inventory gets here, that number will double. Yikes!

I think it is time to coerce my helper into working another day a week through the end of the year, so I don't go postal...I am bad at asking for more help but I am finally realizing I can't do everything myself. That revelation only took 33 years :)

I actually need to let go of administrative tasks. I tend to hold the boring stuff close to me, and sometimes dole out the fun stuff so that whoever is helping doesn't get too bored! That is sort of silly. Lots of things about running a business is actually very silly.

Grace posted some business-related stuff she was questioning me about to the Slate business blog. I sound pretty rambly. What I forgot to add is "don't pressure or proposition buyers anywhere in the last 2 months of the year". i really, really do not have time to buy new stuff right now. that's why the gift show is in january, right? I hope I can talk Erin into hitting the accessories show with me this year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home