rena's retail adventure

on the road to having a real live storefront, and what she found there.

9.25.2006

Fall Season

Let it be known that last wknd, the 3rd one in September, was the first really good shopping weekend after the summer. I was sort of hoping that things would get moving right after Labor Day but I guess there's a bit of a settling-in period, getting the kids to school, etc plus fashion week is over now and it's just *sort of* starting to cool off properly. I can't believe I have sold hats and scarves and gloves already! If I had coats, people would be looking at them.

Bags are moving too, it really is the bread and butter right now. That's fine by me as I can bring in new bag designers which is great for them and for me. The gift/housewares stuff is doing better online but as we approach gift-giving season, maybe that will change.

Currently freaking about - setting up Jill's show in a lovely and timely manner, cleaning the house so she can stay over, and then doing some shopping for the reception. We're having our one year anniversary in October too, which needs to be celebrated. I have SO many people to get on the mailing list as well, manually, ugh, and then there is creating an inventory system for the website, etc etc etc.

One year in and I still don't have a "system" for a lot of the day to day activities, I still don't have an outdoor sign, there are a lot of things sort of lacking. I am getting some help in the shop though so maybe I will catch up a bit.

1 Comments:

At 1:37 AM, Blogger sodafine said...

i don't have many systems for the things you've mentioned either. problems get solved as they arise, unfortunately.
i have questions about mailing list services...i've been looking into "constant contact" and thinking about signing up. do you use that?
currently i use super lo-fi notifylist, and i really want to upgrade to something a bit more professional.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home